Thursday 29 March 2018

EXCLUSIVE: Things Fall Apart, I Was Forced to Play Mixtape With My Phone - DJ Fanta B

DJ Fanta B the official DJ of Abbey's Hotel Ondo is one of the most sought after disc jockeys in the State, the young man had his first gig at a birthday party. In fact, he was able to get the gig through a female friend.

In a recent interview WunderGist, he revealed how it all began for him. He is known to mix many genres from pop, electronic, to our famous Afrobeats very smoothly.

Below is what DJ Fanta B had to say about his career and what next;

Can we meet you?
I'm Adewuyi Adebayo aka Dj Fanta B, from Osun State Ile Ife to be precise

How did your interest in DJ’ing come about?
Well I've been listening to music from my secondary school days and then I love listening to DJs Mixtape and my favourite DJ then is DJ Fantastic. And Fanta B is derived from Fantastic

So, when did you start deejaying?
I started learning the work 2012 - 2013 and my first show is one of my brothers Birthday in 2013

Who did you learn from?
My boss then is DJ Fitz in Ife

To becoming arguably one of the best DJ’s in Africa, what challenges have you faced along the way?
Hmmm, nah big question you ask me. I don face many challenges since when I started this work till now self but I give all glory to Almighty God


Can you share some of this challenges with us?
Smile,  the day I can never forget in my life that day I collected one birthday show and getting to the show.  I played for like 15 minutes suddenly my system just crash and it shutdown immediately. So people be like DJ weytin happen??? I was like I'm dreaming that day I was now using my phone to play mixtape that day.  People start blaming the celebrant that which kind DJ e collect self.  I thank God for my life today


What do you personally consider to be the happiest moment in your career as a DJ?
When I was appointed as official DJ of Abbey Hotel

 Are you still working with Abbey hotel?
Sure

Can you describe your experience being Abbey Hotel official DJ?
Smile,  being an official DJ of Abbey Hotel is a great things for me because I'm able to meet different of people I mean the real ballers and I think is a great opportunity for me too as official DJ of one of the best Hotel in Ondo State

Should we be expecting something from DJ Fanta B anytime soon??
Yes, As my birthday is coming up next week 04-04 I'm planning to drop a dope mixtape on my birthday and i dedicate it to all April celebrant,  expect something dope next week


Is there any musician or DJ’s that you were really fond off in the entertainment industry?
With the likes of Jay Rapiano, Zinwesta,  Slimcase, Olamide,  Dj Baddo,  Dj kaywise. I can't mention all of them

Many youths are certainly interested in pursuing it (DJ) as a career, what advice can you give the youths?
Smile,  funny I'm also an upcoming DJ.  All I have to say is that we should continue what we are doing and have focus and I'm sure every hustler have his own pay day. God will bless the hustle

Superstar DJ Fanta B, Thank you for your time. We'll looking forward to witnessing more of your accomplishments to come.
Amen. Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment